Welcome to Workstreams Support
How can we help?
Know what you’re looking for? Use the search bar. Just looking? Browse through our categories below.
Browse through the categories
How is this possible? Because there are two parts to Workstreams. First, the Workstreams Slack app which leverages the hottest chat tool available today to provide task management and communication among your team. Second, the Workstreams web app which mirrors everything you do in Slack on a beautiful Kanban board. Together they provide a perfect synergy for all your projects!
Slack uses channels to organize communication. Workstreams uses channels to organize projects. So all you have to do is set up a new channel for each project and start assigning tasks. All your resources are already set up in Slack so just assign them to tasks. All your communication already happens in Slack so there’s no new tool to use.
All you have to do is learn a few new slack commands and you’re up and running in minutes, and we provide a friendly Workstreams Bot to guide you along every step of the way with training tutorials and help information. You will be be creating projects and tasks in minutes. Try doing that with other task tools!
The Workstreams web app is centered around a beautifully elegant Kanban board that shows all your tasks, organized by project. And it’s always in sync with Slack because every change in Slack is immediately reflected in the web app, and vice versa. All the things you can do in the Slack app you can also do in the web app, but the web app gives you even more features, such as Goals, Progress Flow Charts, Burndown Charts and much more. Where it gets even more amazing in the web app is the ability to easily customize your Kanban board. Every team tends to have its own unique process and you can add as many steps as you like to the Kanban board to reflect this.
- Click on the Add to Slack button on our website https://www.workstreams.ai/
- Sign in to your Slack account in the usual way.
- A new app then appears in Slack named workstreams, inside of which you see the Workstreams Bot. He’s the friendly guy with the big smile and glasses. He’ll walk you through everything you need to do, starting with a quick tutorial on how to use Workstreams. So you can be a Workstreams pro in 5 minutes or less. Maybe 4 if you’re a fast typist!
Want to look at the Kanban board instead and edit tasks in the web app? No problem! Tasks always appear as a blue hyperlink so just click on it to jump to the task in the Workstreams web app.
In addition, the entire history of changes is stored in a Thread so you can see every single thing that happens to a task.
- /plan tasktitle - creates a new task with a title of tasktitle
- /tasks - displays a list of all tasks in a channel; it has various parameters:
- Go to the channel where you want to add a task.
- Type /plan Recruit Programmers.
- Press Enter and the Recruit Programmers task is created.
- Type /plan Interview Programmers.
- Press Enter and the Interview Programmers task is created.
- To see the two tasks that you just created, and any other tasks on the channel, type /tasks.
- Press Enter.
- Select Recruit Programmers from the drop-down to see all details for this task.
Also, you can type /workstreams at any point in time if you want to take the tutorial again or see a list of commands and reactions that Workstreams responds to.